I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to provide orthodontic care to so many fantastic families in the Orange County Community over the past 20 years. As your orthodontist, my goal has always been to make each patient’s experience in our office as enjoyable as possible by providing the highest quality, state-of-the-art care in a fun, friendly and nurturing environment.
It is my practice philosophy that outstanding patient care can only be achieved when there is excellent communication. This involves discussing treatment progress with you personally at each visit so you will always know how your treatment is progressing as well as coordinating your treatment with your dentist and dental team. In our office, we encourage open communication as much as we do quality service and care.
We pledge to provide you a truly positive experience based on one-to-one personal care and the finest orthodontics available anywhere. A warm welcome to our orthodontic family and practice!
– Dr. John DiGiovanni
In 2003, Dr. DiGiovanni earned the distinction of becoming a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and is among a very small percentage of orthodontists in the United States who have achieved this high level of excellence and recognition.
Dr. DiGiovanni currently serves on the Orange County Dental Society Peer Review Board. He currently is the Captain of the Review Board.
Dr. DiGiovanni is an expert at the Invisalign® treatment modality. His vast experience and clinical acumen has resulted in him being awarded the distinction of Invisalign Premier Provider.
- Doctorate Degree: USC School of Dentistry
- Orthodontic Specialty: University of Iowa Dental College
- Master’s Degree: University of Iowa Dental College
- Fellow: World Federation of Orthodontists
ADA, AAO, PCSO, CAO, OCSG, AOE, CDA
Professional Honors and Awards
- OKU Honor Society
- Pierre Fauchard Honor Society
- American College of Dentists’ Achievement Award
- Fellow, World Federation of Orthodontists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Student Scholarship
- Dentsply Student Clinician Award
- OKU, Zeta Chapter, Honors List
- Dental Foundation Senior Student Scholarship
- ASGD/Arthur Alfebaum National Health Professional Essay Award
- Psi Omegan Scientific Article Award
- Honorable Merit, ACHD/Bremner Award Committee
- CDA Student Scholarship
- Dean’s List, USC School of Dentistry
- Provost’s Honor List, UC San Diego
- Orange County Dental Society Peer Review Committee (Captain)
- Invisalign "Preferred Premier Provider"
Research, Lecture and Teaching Experience and Topics
- Lecture: Las Vegas, NV- "Integrating today’s technology into the modern orthodontic practice"
- Lecture: Irvine, CA lecture "Interdisciplinary Orthodontics"
- Lecture: Newport Beach, CA "The Essential Role of the Dental Hygienist to the Orthodontic Patient"
- Lecture/Presentation: Wonewok Minnesota lecture for 3M Unitek, "The Application of Six Sigma in the Modern Orthodontic Practice"
- Case Presentation: Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists Annual meeting, Vancouver, B.C. Case presentation/display and presenter for the American Board of Orthodontics review course
- American Association of Orthodontist Meeting, Honolulu Hawaii Case presentation/display for the American Board of Orthodontists
- Contemporary Dental Practice, Lecturer, USC School of Dentistry
- The Effect of Direct Electrical Resistance Heat Treatment on the Transition Temperature Range or Marensitic-Active Nickel Titanium Arch Wires.
- Master's Thesis, University of Iowa, Department of Orthodontics
- Determination of the Micro-Vascular Supply to the Temporo Mandibular Joint (TMJ) USC School of Dentistry, Dept. of Anatomy
- Tooth Size Discrepancy Among Angle Class II Division 2 Malocclusions. USC School of Dentistry, Department of Orthodontics
- The Role of Fibronectin in Mesodermal Cell Migration in Xenopus, UC San Diego, Dept. of Biology
- Handling of complex orthodontic cases involving missing teeth (either congenitally or from iatrogenic causes) Orange County Orthodontists Study Club Meeting, Newport Beach, CA June 2005
- The Essential Role of the Dental Hygienist in the Treatment of Orthodontic Patients November 2004 Newport Beach, CA
- The Use of Lasers and Temporary Angorage Devices (TADs) in Orthodontics, 2008
- Understanding Interceptive/Two Phase Orthodontics and the Challenges of Adult Orthodontics, 2008
- Orthodontic Relapse- Why? And Managing Patients with TADs
- Handling Challenging Orthodontic Cases--Thinking Outside the Brace
- Orthodontics and the General Dentist—Everything You Want to Know About Interceptive Care
- The Essential Role of the Hygienist in Orthodontic Care
- Treating Complex Orthodontic Cases Involving Missing Teeth
- Certified in Wilckodontics: 2010
- Invisalign Specialist Lecturer Costa Mesa California
- Interdisciplinary Orthodontics and Specifics in Detailing to Obtain the Most Optimal Orthodontic Result. Newport Beach California
- Continuing Education Lecturer to General and Specialist Dentists Regarding Interdisciplinary Dentistry in Complex Orthodontic Cases,Spears Study Club
- September 2012 Peer Review Calibration. Irvine California
- Featured Lecturer; "Management of Complex Orthodontic Cases", Laguna Beach, CA
- Featured Lecturer to the South Orange County Spears Study Club, "Interdisciplinary Management of Anterior Esthetics", Newport Beach, CA
- Dr. DiGiovanni sits on the Board of Directors of the Newport-Mesa Assistance League helping disadvantaged children's correct their dental problems
- Interdisciplinary Esthetics: Diagnosis, Treatment Planning, Case Presentation and Treatment. Charles Stuart Gnathological Study Club
Hobbies and Interests
- Spending as much time as possible with my wife, Kim, and my 3 children: Jesse, Tia , Sabrina.
- Spoiling and playing with Chloe, our Australian Shepherd, and Hank, our Bérnease mountain dog
- Playing guitar in the “all dentists” band “Open Wide” for the past 12 years
(check out some of our music)
- Cheering on and coaching my kids in a variety of sports